Swami Ramdev was born at Alipur , a village in Mahendragarh district in Haryana, India.His childhood name was Ram Krishan Yadav.In childhood, he was suffering from paralysis.Through the practice of yoga, Swami Ramdev regained all functionality of his body. He studied upto Eight standard.
swami ramdev joined gurukul in khanpur and started learning Yoga & Sanskrit there. After some time, he took Sanyas from Aarsh gurukul and started teaching yoga free of cost to villagers across country.
swami ramdev formed DYM trust in year 1995 and started his Yoga Programme on Indian TV channel Zee jagaran. His Yoga programme named as "Om Yog Sadhana" was very much popular. He also started Yoga Camp to teach yoga in different part of country. Number of attendees in their yoga camp was grown up to 20,000.Now a days twenty millions people are following their yoga techniques to live healthy and better life.
In the year 2006, Swami Ramdev established PYP trust, which is one of the largest Yoga and Ayurveda therapy centers in the world. This is teaching cum research center for various diseases. Though this center swami ramdev is continuously working with major medical institute to study and cure of several diseases like diabetes, high bp, hypertension, Obesity etc.
Swami Ramdev has raised many national issues through their Yoga camp, TV channels. Some of their raised issues are as below:
- Overuse of pesticides and chemicals in agricultural sector, which is damaging our soul and body of human body.
- Black money of various Indians in Swiss banks. Swami Ramdev raised this issue in public to bring back all these money to India, as these money belong to people of India. In Estimation these money are more than one trillion dollar deposited in these banks.
- Use of Soft drinks and fast food. As per Swami Ramdev, fast food and soft drinks like pepsi and coke are injurious to health. Soft drinks are like toilet cleaner & pesticide. We should avoid consumption of these items.
- Improvements for AIDS Patients, In Dec 2006; Swami Ramdev claimed that Yoga and Ayurveda both are capable to alleviate the conditions of AIDs patients.
- Cure of Cancer: During one of the residential camps, many cancer patients shows his cureness from cancer by the use of Yoga, Ayurveda & Pranayama.
- Curing of Swine Flu: In Aug 2009, Swami Ramdev suggested people to practice Yoga and Ayurveda to prevent Swine Flu.
- Forming of political Party: In march 2010, Swami ramdev announces to from a national party in next 3 years for cleansing the political body of India, after cleaning mind and body.