||Home >>Yoga for Older People
Yoga for Older People
Old age is the phase when you have extra time for yourself, your family, for vacation, exercise and relaxation. But, in this age you are more susceptible to some disorder like arthritis, rheumatism, incontinence, and High blood pressure. This lift necessitate for the older people to stay fit and healthy in this age.
Yoga techniques are helpful for everybody, even for older people. Yoga for older people is measured as a reward for them. Other than health and happiness yoga for older people also helps them to achieve freshness of mind. Yoga for older people is like new start, which teaches them to face the remaining of their life cheerfully, quietly, and bravely. Yoga can be a great advantage for older people no issue how limited is the movement or low is the breath. They can even make stronger the spine, strengthen postural muscles and recover blood flow in body. Yoga is the natural approach to free them from the troubles and nervous stress. There are some mild yoga exercises for older people that can cool the mind and stable the breathing, and relax the mind and body both.
Ujjayi pranayama is the key style of breathing exercise and is categorized by a soft, deep, calm and almost void sound coming from the throat.
- Breathe in softly through your nostrils that are about 4 to 5 heartbeats in and than breathe out about 4 to 5 heartbeats.
- Reducing the vocal cords a little as you breathe in through the nose and keep your mouth closed.
- Performing this you generate a soft and calm sound in your throat, similar to waves inside ocean floating to the beach.
Kapalabhati pranayama is helpful in strengthening the respiratory system since it sanitizes the nasal channel and the lungs.
- Sit in any straight position
- Now contracting the abdominal muscles sharply breathe out through both nostrils. Discharge the contractions rapidly and instantly follow with one more forceful breath.
- Breathe in and calm down the muscles and allow the lungs to load with air.
Do this asana very slowly and softly in small durations and repeat this for 15-20 times