||Home >>Yoga for Sleep
Yoga for Sleep
Many reasons can origin tension to people and upset their emotional balance and take away relieve of life. Yoga can bring stillness and provides peace to the mind and the body. Yoga is broadly known for its health and fitness benefits and tension reduction. Most of the people practice yoga in early morning to initiate the day with energy or clearness and several people practice yoga in the afternoon to chill out from the hectic day. If u can't seem to fall asleep in night, many yoga asanas may help. Give special awareness to how your body and mind feels. If some asana feels painful or hurting, stop the pose.
Corpse Pose (Savasana)
This asana is useful to liberate tension and stress from the body and mind, and is often used as warm-up exercise.
- First lie straight on your back.
- Let the tension and stress drop out from your muscles and than relax your arms at your sides and, palms downwards.
- Slightly turn your knees with your feet levelled on ground.
- Now breathe in and out for few seconds to liberate additional tension. Repeat this for 5 to 10 times.
Downward Facing Dog (Adho Mukha Svanasana)
- Start with push up pose, maintaining hands and feet hips-width distant.
- Drive your hips up even as stretch your arms. Your pose should look like an upside-down "V".
- Remain your legs straight while approaching your heels toward the ground.
- Stay your head in line with your spine and point the top of your head directly and straight down toward the ground.